It’s officially 2020 and the necessity of Sales Operations is here!
You might be asking yourself, what is Sales Operations?
Sales Ops identifies business activities and builds processes that help their sales organization run effectively and efficiently to support business strategies and objectives. Simply put, they support, enable, and drive front line sales teams to sell better, faster, and more efficiently.
By strategically implementing training, software tools, and engagement techniques, sales ops leaders enable sales reps to focus more on selling in order to drive business results and revenue.
Why do companies need Sales Operations?
The Sales Ops function can vary within each company based on the goals, stage, and structure of the organization. But ultimately, sales operations brings a system to selling. Are you ready to eliminate the chaos in your sales organization? Are you ready to implement a structure that will allow for optimum efficiency and repeatable processes? Then you need sales operations. This department will use data to steer strategy, best practices to guide training, and technology to drive success.
Think of sales ops as insurance. You would not build a house and then not invest in homeowner’s insurance right? Think of this role/department the same way.
Do you have someone internally focused on these key areas? If not, it’s time to invest.
Selection of Enablement Software and other Technology Tools
Evaluation of Sales Team Training Needs
Sales Process Optimization
Assessment and Adoption of Sales Methodologies
Sales Territory Assignment and Growth Forecasting
Performance Metrics Analyses
Formulation of Incentives Program
Now you might be thinking, WOW I really do need Sales Operations!
But, how will I justify the cost…?
Perfect timing because Sales BQ® is officially offering Sales Ops as a service. Not ready to hire this person internally yet? Let us help in the meantime! This will allow you to see the value in sales ops without making a full time hire just yet.
With our professional guidance and feedback, we will help you assess your current sales and marketing technology stack, evaluate the return on investment, develop a roadmap for the future, and help you implement the technology changes necessary for your organization. Typically, we do this in a 5 step process.
AUDIT & OPTIMIZATION
1. Audit your existing technology ecosystem. We’ll determine which tools move the needle and provide the greatest return on investment. This will include us doing a 30-minute virtual observe and shadow session with each sales and marketing team member.
GAP ANALYSIS & CHANGE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
2. Analyze your capability gaps (usage, training, reporting) and develop a strategy to close them. Identify opportunities to strategically eliminate unneeded technology and recommend new technology resources where needed. We will help you understand your current state and craft a plan to help you achieve your desired future state.
SCHEDULE, DEMO, & PURCHASE
3. Schedule and moderate vendor meetings to ensure your priorities and objectives are met. We will help gather pricing and contacts so that you can make the best decision quickly and efficiently.
DATA OVERHAUL & INTEGRATION
4. Migrate data, streamline tech connections, and build out new technology platforms if needed. We’ll create all the data modeling, analytics, and reporting you need.
IMPLEMENTATION & TRAINING
5. Help initiate roll-out and implementation of new technology. We will build a tech training playbook and host team training sessions to drive user adoption and effectiveness. We will leave you with future repeatable processes every time you onboard a new team member.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL RESOURCES:
- Step Up Your Game: The Complete Guide to Effective Sales Management.
- The Master Guide to Busting Revenue Roadblocks.
Liz Karabetsos, VP of Sales Ops
Listen to our Quota Crusher™ Podcast.
Subscribe to our newsletter for sales tips and happenings at Sales BQ®.